“Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain loving one another.”
- Live in Chester County
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete a Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Clearance
- Have compassion and a desire to help
- Special Events (marketing, fundraising, organizing, etc.)
- Collecting cell phones and/or printer cartridges for recycling and fundraising (Cell phones in good condition with chargers can also be given to victims for emergency use.)
- Sponsoring a family at holidays with items such as food baskets, gifts, clothing (i.e. - At Christmas, providing a tree with ornaments, food items and gifts for the entire family; at Mother's Day, providing a food basket; at Easter, providing baskets filled with treats for children and food for a family dinner, etc.)
- Putting together a team to participate in the annual Chester County Race Against Violence (held each April)
- Office Maintenance
*You should receive a response to your volunteer application within 3-5 days. At this time, you may be asked to set up an entrance interview with our Volunteer Program Manager. If you have not received a response within 5 days of your submission, please check your Junk/Spam folder. West Chester University Students: If possible, please use an email address other than your wcupa.edu address. We have had multiple issues sending email to that domain. Thank you!
*If you are looking to complete court-ordered community service, please call 610-692-1926 and speak to Beth. Do not complete the volunteer application. Thank you.