If you have a bachelors degree in a field related to human services, social work, education, or criminal justice, you live in Chester County, and you would like to be considered for any openings at CVC, please submit a cover letter and resume to Brooke Hedderick, Managing Supervisor. As positions become available at CVC, they will be posted on this site.
CVC has volunteer positions available. If you are interested in volunteering at CVC, please visit our volunteer page.
The Crime Victims' Center of Chester County, Inc.(CVC) is looking for a full time Bicultural/Bilingual Victim Advocate to provide direct services to crime victims and their families, with special emphasis on outreach and services to Chester County's Latino/Hispanic population. This Victim Advocate will also participate in CVC's Community Outreach efforts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides direct services to victims and their families, including but not restricted to the following: crisis response, accompaniment throughout medical, police and court procedures,. supportive counseling, needs assessment, individual goal setting and advocacy.
2. Provides direct service to victims from Southern Chester County at CVC's Drop-In Centers in Kennett Square, New Garden and West Grove.
3. Provides hotline coverage on CVC's Sexual Assault and Other Crimes Hotlines.
4. Provides court accompaniment at Magisterial District Courts.
5. Assists victims with Victim Impact Statements, Victim Compensation Forms, Restitution Forms and other written materials. Special emphasis placed on Latino victims of violence, especially women, who might otherwise have only limited access to the state assistance for restitution and empowerment.
6. Provides outreach to the underserved Latino population in Chester County.
7. Provides services to child victims of abuse and their families where needed including at the Child Advocacy Center (CAC).
8. Provides direct services to Latino and other underserved populations..
9. Provides direct services to victims of Human Trafficking.
10. Adheres to the policies and procedures of CVC which support the goals and mission of the agency and meet funding requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
1. A minimum of an Associate's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Criminal Justice or related field and one year of experience, or the equivalent of same.
2. Training in individual and group counseling and casework supervision.
3. Skill in supportive problem solving, advocacy and crisis intervention.
4. Ability to assume responsibility and make decisions.
5. Knowledge of community resources.
6. Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with
staff, volunteers, other agencies and the general public.
7. Ability to express ideas both orally and in writing.
A Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance and Criminal History must be obtained upon employment. This position requires some night and weekend work. Must have valid driver's license and properly insured vehicle. Must be a Chester County resident. You can email your resume/cover letter to Brooke Hedderick, Managing Supervisor at email@example.com or fax to 610-692-4959. EOE
Part Time Prevention Education Specialist
To assists the Community Outreach Coordinator in planning and conducting education and awareness programs for schools and as needed community groups; seminars and workshops for area professionals; the SAC training and other training activities. Works in cooperation with and under the guidance of the Community Outreach Coordinator.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts education and awareness programs and professional in-service trainings.
- Assists in the development of all educational and training materials.
- Updates agency training materials to assure that they are accurate and current.
- Assist with orienting CVC’s Prevention/Education programs toward primary prevention best practices.
- Assists in regular evaluation of educational efforts.
- Assists in scheduling of volunteer services, activities and training in conjunction with other staff.
- Assists in developing and evaluating training materials for volunteers in conjunction with other staff and volunteer trainers.
- Assists with the development of public relations materials, i.e., press releases, public service announcements, advertising, newsletters, and brochures for the program and the agency.
- Assists with public relations efforts and events.
- Provides direct services to victims and their families to include:
- Provide hotline coverage on CVC’s sexual assault and other crimes hotlines;
- Crisis intervention;
- Supportive counseling;
- Advocacy/support in other systems;
- Referral to appropriate community resources.
- Assists with record-keeping and reporting systems.
- Acts as liaison to other systems and agencies.
- Assists the Community Outreach Coordinator in maintaining a library of books, audio, visual and other resource materials.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of CVC which support the goals and mission of the agency and meet funding requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Managing Supervisor and Executive Director.
1. A minimum of a Bachelor's or Associate’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Criminal Justice or a related field and one year of experience, or the equivalent of same.
2. Strong public speaking and training skills.
3. Strong organizational and communication (oral and written) skills.
4. Ability to assume responsibility and make decisions.
5. Skill in problem solving and crisis response.
6. Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff, volunteers, other agencies and the public with an emphasis on children.
7. Demonstrated sensitivity in responding to crime victims and their significant others.
Within six months of appointment to the position, the Prevention Education Specialist must provide evidence of successful completion of the current SAC Training Program provided by this agency.
Must possess a current valid drivers license, have the use of an automobile during working hours. Must show evidence of proper auto insurance coverage. A Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance and Criminal History must be obtained upon employment.You can email your resume/cover letter to Brooke Hedderick, Managing Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 310-692-4959. EOE