If you have a bachelors degree in a field related to human services, social work, education, or criminal justice, you live in Chester County, and you would like to be considered for any openings at CVC, please submit a cover letter and resume to Brooke Hedderick, Managing Supervisor. As positions become available at CVC, they will be posted on this site.
CVC has volunteer positions available. If you are interested in volunteering at CVC, please visit our volunteer page.
Data Entry/Reports Specialist (part-time, hourly; 24 hours/week)
The responsibilities of the Data Entry/Reports Specialist include:
1. Enter client information including intake information and services received into the R/ Client database system.
2. Maintain consistency in record entry to ensure uniformity in data reporting.
3. Ensure accuracy of case numbering system.
4. Ensure accuracy of statistical information entered into and generated from R/Client database.
5. Assist Managing Supervisor in updating client intake forms and other forms related to the R/Client database, ensuring information needed for all funding sources are accurately recorded.
6. Generate reports as required by the administrative staff.
7. Incorporate new procedures for the computer system as they evolve.
8. Train other CVC personnel on the use of the R/Client database.
9. Strictly adheres to all procedures designed to protect client confidentiality.
10. Adhere to the policies and procedures of CVC which support the goals and mission of the agency and meet funding requirements.
1. A minimum of a High School Diploma or its equivalent.
2. At least six month’s experience working with computers.
3. Ability to understand basic computer terminology.
4. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
Within six months of appointment to the position the Data Entry Specialist must complete PCCD’s New Victim Service Orientation training and the Sexual Assault Counselor Training Program provided by CVC. Must attend other trainings as mandated by PCAR and PCCD.
A Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance and Criminal History must be obtained upon employment. You may email your resume/cover letter to Brooke Hedderick at email@example.com or fax to 610-692-4959. EOE
PREVENTION/EDUCATION SPECIALIST: The Crime Victims’ Center of Chester County, Inc. is a private, non-profit victim service agency. Responsibilities of the Prevention/Education Specialist include:
• Conducts education and awareness programs and professional in-service trainings
• Assists in the development of all educational and training materials
• Updates agency training materials to assure that they are accurate and current
• Assists in regular evaluation of educational efforts
• Provides supportive counseling for victims of sexual assault and other crimes and/or their significant others individually or in groups, as needed
• Adheres to the policies and procedures of CVC which support the goals and mission of the agency and meet funding requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
1. A minimum of a Bachelor's or Associate’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Criminal Justice or a related field and one year of experience, or the equivalent of same
2. Knowledge of and experience with Primary Prevention initiatives
3. Strong public speaking and training skills
4. Strong organizational and communication (oral and written) skills
5. Ability to assume responsibility and make decisions
6. Skill in problem solving and crisis response
7. Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff, volunteers, other agencies and the public with an emphasis on children
8. Demonstrated sensitivity in responding to crime victims and their significant others
Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus. This position is full-time. A Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal History, and FBI Clearance must be obtained upon employment. This position requires some nights and weekends. Must possess a current valid driver’s license, have the use of an automobile during working hours, and show evidence of proper auto insurance coverage. Must be Chester County resident. You may email your resume/cover letter to Brooke Hedderick, Managing Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 610-692-4959. EOE