If you have a bachelors degree in a field related to human services, social work, education, or criminal justice, you live in Chester County, and you would like to be considered for any openings at CVC, please submit a cover letter and resume to Brooke Hedderick, Managing Supervisor. As positions become available at CVC, they will be posted on this site.
CVC has volunteer positions available. If you are interested in volunteering at CVC, please visit our volunteer page.
VICTIM ADVOCATE (FULL AND PART TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE): The Crime Victims’ Center of Chester County, Inc. is a private, non-profit victim service agency. Responsibilities of the Victim Advocate include:
- Providing direct services to victims and their families, including but not restricted to the following: crisis response, supportive counseling, needs assessment, individual goal setting, development of service plans, advocacy, and accompaniment throughout medical, police and court procedures, at hospitals, district courts, courthouses, police stations, CVC offices, crime scenes, or any other place that is necessary.
- Providing hotline coverage on CVC’s sexual assault and other crimes hotlines.
- Develops and provides supportive service plans.
- Provides supportive counseling for victims of sexual assault and other crimes and/or their significant others individually or in groups, as needed.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of CVC which support the goals and mission of the agency and meet funding requirements.
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Criminal Justice, or a related field and one year of experience, or the equivalent of same.
- Have previous training/experience in individual and group counseling and casework supervision.
- Have skills in supportive problem solving, advocacy and crisis intervention.
- Possess the ability to assume responsibility and make decisions.
- Have knowledge of community resources.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff, volunteers, other agencies and the general public.
- Effectively express ideas both orally and in writing.
- Be detail-oriented
Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus. A Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance and Criminal History must be obtained upon employment. Full-time and part-time positions are available. Positions require some nights and weekends. Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle. Must be Chester County resident. You may email your resume/cover letter to Brooke Hedderick, Managing Supervisor at email@example.com or fax to 610-692-4959. EOE