If you have a bachelors degree in a field related to human services, social work, education, or criminal justice, you live in Chester County, and you would like to be considered for any openings at CVC, please submit a cover letter and resume to Brooke Hedderick, Managing Supervisor. As positions become available at CVC, they will be posted on this site.
CVC has volunteer positions available. If you are interested in volunteering at CVC, please visit our volunteer page.
PART-TIME BILINGUAL VICTIM ADVOCATE: The Crime Victims’ Center of Chester County, Inc. is a private, non-profit victim service agency. Responsibilities of the Victim Advocate include:
· Providing direct services to Spanish-speaking victims and their families, including but not restricted to the following: crisis response, supportive counseling, needs assessment, individual goal setting, development of service plans, advocacy, and accompaniment throughout medical, police and court procedures, at hospitals, district courts, courthouses, police stations, CVC offices, crime scenes, or any other place that is necessary.
· Providing hotline coverage on CVC’s sexual assault and other crimes hotlines.
· Develops and provides supportive service plans.
· Provides supportive counseling for victims of sexual assault and other crimes and/or their significant others individually or in groups, as needed.
· Adheres to the policies and procedures of CVC which support the goals and mission of the agency and meet funding requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
1. College course work in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Criminal Justice, or a related field and one year of experience, or the equivalent of same.
2. Training in individual and group counseling and casework supervision.
3. Skill in supportive problem solving, advocacy and crisis intervention.
4. Ability to assume responsibility and make decisions.
5. Knowledge of community resources.
6. Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with
staff, volunteers, other agencies and the general public.
7. Ability to express ideas both orally and in writing.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) a must. A Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance and Criminal History must be obtained upon employment. This is a part-time position (approximately 24 hours/week). This position requires some nights and weekends. Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle. Must be Chester County resident. You can email your resume/cover letter to Brooke Hedderick, Managing Supervisor at email@example.com or fax to 610-692-4959. EOE