“Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation's compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain loving one another.”
Volunteers are an essential part of our agency. During fiscal year 2011/2012, our Volunteers provided 9,347.25 hours of service to CVC!
In order to become a CVC Volunteer, you must:
- Live in Chester County
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete a Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Clearance
- Have compassion and a desire to help
CVC offers opportunities to volunteer at various levels of commitment.
Volunteer Sexual Assault and Other Crimes Counselor: Assist staff after business hours to provide support to crime victims and their families on our two 24-hour hotlines or through medical/legal accompaniment and advocacy
Clerical Assistance: Assist staff during business hours with administrative/clerical tasks
Prevention/Education Assistance: Assist staff at education/awareness events throughout the community
All volunteers, whether they provide Direct Services, Prevention/Education or Clerical Assistance, must complete our Sexual Assault Counselor Training Class. Pennsylvania requires all Sexual Assault Counselors (staff/volunteers/interns) to complete a minimum of 40 hours of training before they are able to provide services to victims. Because CVC is a comprehensive center (meaning we serve victims of all crimes, not only sexual assault), our training is about 50 hours. Training classes are offered in the spring and fall of each year.
There are other opportunities to serve CVC that do not require special training. These include:
- Special Events (marketing, fundraising, organizing, etc.)
- Collecting cell phones and/or printer cartridges for recycling and fundraising (Cell phones in good condition with chargers can also be given to victims for emergency use.)
- Sponsoring a family at holidays with items such as food baskets, gifts, clothing (i.e. - At Christmas, providing a tree with ornaments, food items and gifts for the entire family; at Mother's Day, providing a food basket; at Easter, providing baskets filled with treats for children and food for a family dinner, etc.)
- Putting together a team to participate in the annual Chester County Race Against Violence (held each April)
- Office Maintenance
If you have other special skills or interests, we can find a way for you to volunteer with CVC! Please contact our Volunteer Program Manager at email@example.com
or 610-692-1926 to learn more.
Sign up to volunteer today!
*You should receive a response to your volunteer application within 3-5 days. At this time, you may be asked to set up an entrance interview with our Volunteer Program Manager. If you have not received a response within 5 days of your submission, please check your Junk/Spam folder. West Chester University Students: If possible, please use an email address other than your wcupa.edu address. We have had multiple issues sending email to that domain. Thank you!